Jihan is half-Syrian, half-Libyan and was raised in France and the United States. She received her BA in International and Comparative Politics with a concentration in Human Rights, Development, Philosophy, and International Law at the American University of Paris. She obtained her MA at New York University’s Gallatin School of Individualized Study with a focus on art education, storytelling, and healing arts. Jihan mainly paints and draws with acrylic, oil, ink, and charcoal, but is also experimenting with body painting and incorporating body movement in her work. She is committed to discovering and nurturing the different ways in which humanitarian aid and the healing arts merge, and how the creative process can be a vehicle for freedom and empowerment. Jihan is directing, writing, and producing her first film Searching For Kikhia (www.mansurkikhia.org).
– “Spirit, Bodies, & Beyond” by Torie Zalben & Jiji Kikhia, NYU, New York, NY – June – July 2015
– Guest artist (live body painting) Amsterdam Street Art Gallery, Art Basel, Miami, FL – Dec 2014
– “Process & Embodiment” The Gallatin Arts Festival/Masters Thesis Showcase, NYU, NY, NY – Apr – May 2014
– “I feel I feel I feel” Combes Gallery, Paris, France – Sept – Oct 2012
– Cut & Paste, HighTide Festival Theatre, Suffolk, England – May 2012 – June 2012
– “End Violence Against Women” UNHCR, Damascus, Syria – Dec 2010
– Curated male refugees’ art in support of the United Nation’s Violence Against Women Day
– “The Eye in Consciousness” Combes Gallery, Paris, France – April – June 2009
– “Painted Stories, Spirited Bodies: Body Art & Ornamentation: Self, Identity, & Expression. ” NYU Gallatin. 2015.
– “Love & Resistance” & “Syria” Minetta Review: A Journey. NYU. Fall 2013
– “Libya, My father, and I” Kalimat Magazine: Arab Thought and Culture. Issue 05, Spring 2012.
– “The Moon & Sun do not Rise & Fall.” Paris/Atlantic: International Journal of Creative Work. Vol 3, ii, 2010.
– “Freedom to Offend: Inevitability of Offensive Expression in a Multicultural Society.” Convergence. V3, ii, 2009.
– “Enforced Disappearance in International Law.” Scripta Politica et Economica: Journal of International Politics and Economics. Vol XXVI Issue 2, Spring 2009
– “It Sings Eternally.” Paris/Atlantic: International Journal of Creative Work. Vol XXIX, No ii, 2008.